Great Gift Ideas for this Holiday Season!

A Marine with 1st Marine Logistics Group (Forward) opens a Secret Santa holiday gift at Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan, Dec. 13. Petty Officer 1st Class James Bowes, a native of Port Angeles, Wash., collected the holiday gifts from various organizations in the United States to distribute to the service members in his unit as a way of spreading holiday cheer while they are deployed.

U.S. Marines

U.S. Marines

Claire Xu, Reporter

December is the month of holidays. No matter which holiday you are celebrating with your friends and family, holiday presents will be necessary in December.

Chocolates are many people’s first choice, no one would refuse the satisfaction of tasting the silky sweet chocolate. Many chocolate brand have different flavors, be sure to choose their favorite flavors.

Clothes will be a great choice since now it is winter time and many stores have discounts. A fluffy scarf or a knitted hat will keep your friends worm for the whole winter. A coat for younger siblings hopefully will make them nicer to you for the next year.

Jewelry is a great present for girls. If you want to impress your girlfriend, pick a bracelet or necklace. It does not have to be expensive, but  make sure to know before hand what is her favorite style and color.

Books are great tool to increase connections for a friendship. If you know one of your friends is interested in a certain type of book or you want to recommend a book to him or her, this is the best time to do so. They will be really happy about it.

Phone cases are easy presents to get to impress your friend if you know which type of phone they have and what are their favorite colors or design. The price varies from really expensive to really cheap, depend on which store you choose.

Earphones are great gifts for both girls and boys, if you know a friend who likes music or likes to play video games, a pair of earphones would makes them excited for the rest of the holiday.

If you really don’t know what to get, then a planner of 2018 would be a good choice. It is close to a new year, a planner will be useful to everyone. You also can add your new year wishes for them on the first page!

Happy holidays everyone!